Victorian Rocking Horse from Authentic Models
This magnificent rocking horse is a faithful reproduction of those found in playrooms of the English upper class during the Victorian period. Masterfully carved from solid mahogany, this child's "toy" is imbued with all the elegance expected of the British aristocracy. Only the finest craftsmanship and materials were used to create this extravagant masterpiece. Artisans painstakingly matched the color and grain of the wood to ensure a seamless beauty from head to hooves. Its wooden body is finished in a warm French varnish and distressed to give it a more vintage, aged appearance. The saddles and riding tack are carefully hand-stitched from durable bridle leather and dyed a rich reddish brown or black, and accented with solid brass fittings.
There are two styles of saddle from which to choose: a formal English saddle with graceful lines and brass stirrups or a rugged Western American saddle, complete with lasso horn and reinforced two-tone leather stirrups. Its handsome stationary base is made from plantation grown mahogany wood and stained a gorgeous deep brown and ebony to provide a subtle contrast to the horse itself. The nickel plated steel swing irons allow for a wider range of movement than other traditional oval rockers. Its hand blown glass eyes and meticulously woven mane and tail are final reminders of the attention to detail that make this exquisite rocking horse a true work of art.
- Solid plantation grown mature mahogany
- Hand carved and hand built
- Mahogany base with classic Victorian style safety swing arms
- Swing irons in nickel plated steel and all other hardware is solid brass
- Hand made leather saddle, bridle and tack
- Leather sling locked in place and bolted down
- Hand blown glass eyes
- Each rocking horse comes with its own numbered Authentic Models plaque
- Colors: Honey Distressed French Finish & Black
- Materials: Mahogany, Leather, Brass & Nickel Plated Steel
- Usually ships in 1-2 days
|Material||Leather-Hide, Metal, Wood|
|Dimensions||56L x 18.25W x47.5H|